Rescued from Coty’s ever-expanding “celebrity fragrance” portfolio, SJP was LDC’s first licensed brand.
- LDC identified that Sarah Jessica is a role model with a passion for perfume and is an emerging fashion designer.
- LDC reinvigorated the core Lovely brand achieving sales of $120m in year 1
- LDC grew the core LOVELY franchise introducing 3 more brands targeted to specific consumer profiles and adds a new “LOVELY YOU” brand launching Fall 2020
- LDC will expand the franchise with a fashion inspired collection in 2021
- LDC works hand in hand with Sarah Jessica to develop fragrances aligned with her brand aesthetic
LIONEL RICHIE FRAGRANCES
Lionel Richie’s premier brand – LDC recently developed and launched the first Lionel Richie fragrance brand. Inspired by Lionel’s experiences, love of design and his portfolio of music, HELLO fragrances for men and women launched in late 2019.
- LDC worked closely with Lionel and his team to identify the brand core values and consumer targets
- LDC developed the brand with a ‘masstige’ approach – luxury style packaging and scent aligned with the Lionel Richie’s brand ethos at an entry level price point
- LDC created a consumer engaging launch plan with focused online and brick & mortar partners and tactics, strategically developed in partnership with Amazon and Walgreens in the US, Boots and Savers in the UK
- HELLO by Lionel Richie is a finalist for the 2020 Fragrance Foundation Awards – a great achievement that confirms industry sentiment toward the execution and brand alignment
IGNACIO FIGUERAS COLLECTION
LDC created a luxury fragrance collection for Ignacio (Nacho) Figueras, the world-renowned Polo player and the face of Ralph Lauren fragrances for many years.
- LDC team immersed themselves in Nacho’s world to gain clear understanding and help identify brand ethos and core values of family, equestrian lifestyle and philanthropy.
- LDC developed a brand position for Nacho targeted toward the affluent consumer – polo enthusiasts with a luxury lifestyle that appreciate quality products.
- LDC engaged master perfumer Carlos Benaim of IFF to develop scents inspired by the lifestyle of specific polo destinations and that capitalize on the high growth niche fragrance segment offered at luxury retailers
- LDC launched the Ignacio Figueras Collection with a line of 6 specific scents in December 2019 exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman and is also now available at Harrod’s and Neiman Marcus.
- Ignacio Figueras Buenos Aires scent is a finalist in 2 categories for the 2020 Fragrance Foundation Awards – Luxury Fragrance of the Year and Best Packaging Luxury.
LDC has also created a Joint Venture with the actress Gabrielle Union, to develop and launch a hair care line, to cater, in particular for textured hair.
- LDC encouraged a product development approach between Gabrielle and celebrity Hair Stylist Larry Simms.
- LDC brand strategy for Gabrielle centers around professional grade product at consumer friendly price points
- Gabrielle Union haircare launches Fall 2020 on Amazon UK, followed by a national launch in the US at 3,000 Sally Beauty retail locations with UK, Europe and Australia rollout